By F. S Bodenheimer
Read or Download Animal ecology to-day (Monographiae biologicae) PDF
Best ecology books
During this quantity, the authors talk about what functional contributions ecology can and cannot make in utilized technology and environmental challenge fixing. within the first part, they talk about conceptual difficulties that experience frequently avoided the formula and review of strong, detailed, basic theories, clarify why island biogeography remains to be beset with controversy and consider the ways in which technological know-how is price weighted down.
This booklet is worried with difficulties: how eusociality, within which one person forgoes replica to augment the replica of a nestmate, may evolve less than normal choice, and why it really is discovered in basic terms in a few insects-termites, ants and a few bees and wasps. even if eusociality is outwardly restricted to bugs, it has advanced a couple of instances in one order of bugs, the Hymenoptera.
The Pasoh woodland Reserve (pasoh FR) has been a number one middle for overseas box examine within the Asian tropical wooded area because the Seventies, while a joint examine undertaking used to be performed through eastern, British and Malaysian learn groups with the cooperation of the college of Malaya (UM) and the wooded area study Institute (FRI, now the wooded area learn Institute Malaysia, FRIM) less than the foreign organic application (IBP).
Construction on a decade of theoretical and methodological development in panorama bionomics, this publication recognizes that well-intentioned panorama interventions may cause critical harm, and explains the concept that of ecologists as "physicians" of ecological structures.
- Insect-Fungal Associations: Ecology and Evolution
- Soils of Tropical Forest Ecosystems: Characteristics, Ecology and Management
- Integrated Resource and Environmental Management: The Human Dimension (Cabi Publishing)
- Adsorbed Layers on surfaces
- A Primer of Ecology with R (Use R!)
- Ecology of Fear: Los Angeles and the Imagination of Disaster
Extra resources for Animal ecology to-day (Monographiae biologicae)
R. R. self-depression mutual depression reduction of clearance by carinamide characteristic alteration of excretion by change in the filtration fraction. (43) 44 VII. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE EVIDENCE We are concerned at present with the possibility of tubular secretion as a factor in the normal formation of the urine in the mammal, and one may be justified in neglecting the arguments brought forward from the viewpoint of comparative physiology, but this evidence is nevertheless of interest. Wehave already indicated that one can trace an evolutionary series of kidney types from the aglomerular to the mammalian organ in which, along with the morphological changes in the nephron itself, there occur serial alterations in the renal circulation.
KENNEY, R. , 1947: A concept of renal thresholds; Acta med. scand. 128, 578. 12. BARCLAY, J. , COOKE, \V. T. & KENNEY, R. , 1947: Communication to the XVIIth. Internaitonal Physiological Congress. 13. BARCLAY, J. , COOKE, W. T. & KENNEY, R. A. 1949: The renal excretion of inorganic phosphatein man and dog; Acta. med. scand. 134, 107. 14. BARCLAY, J. A. & CoOKE, \V. , Unpublished observations. 15. BARCLAY, J. A. & CooKE, W. , Unpublished observations. 16. BECKER-CHRISTENSEN, P. , 1945: Experimental studies on the excretion of sulphathiazole by the kidneys with normal and greatly increased diureses (sulphate diuresis); Acta Pharmacol.
57. GURWJTSCH, 1902: Pflug. Arch. ges. Physiol. 91, 71. 58. HARRISON, H. E. & HARRISON, H. , 1941: The renal excretion of inorganic phosphatein relation to the action of vitamin D and para-thyroid hormone; ] . clin. I nvest. 20, 4 7. 59. HAYMAN, J. M. ]. Physiol. 86, 331. 60. , 1874: Versuche über den Vorgang der Harnabsonderung; Pflug. Arch. ges. Physiol. 9, 1. 61. , 1883: Hermann's Handbuch der Physiol. 5, 279. 62. , 1945: Physical chemistry of cells and tissues. London. 1945. 63. es poissons lophobranches; Ann.